[PR] Pattern Recognition Prüfung

Vorlesungen, Seminare und Praktika aus dem Bereich Angewandte Informatik
Lectures, seminars and labs from the area Applied Computer Science

[PR] Pattern Recognition Prüfung

Beitragvon SpatzenArsch » 10.03.09 09:22

Hallo,

hat dieses Semester (oder auch früher) jemand eine Prüfung bei Professor Ney über Pattern Recognition gemacht? Wenn ja, dann würde ich mich über ein paar Eindrücke oder sogar ein Prüfungsprotokoll freuen.

Vielen Dank
SpatzenArsch
SpatzenArsch

Beitragvon ibogi » 16.03.09 00:53

Hi!

I had an exam with him last month. Basically, everything he asked was from the script. There is a protocol of the exam in the Fachschaft, I was asked similar questions to those. What made me feel not so comfortable is that he jumped from one question to another and was interrupting me all the time. He didn't ask for derivations for the things I knew by hart; I had to derive the formula of u (this is greek letter mi) for EM-algorithm. One strange question was to compare EM algorithm with Nearest Neighbor Clustering algorithm.

Good luck.
ibogi

Beitragvon SpatzenArsch » 16.03.09 09:19

Thanks for your report!
SpatzenArsch

Beitragvon Jens F » 23.03.09 10:29

Well,

there is a connection between the EM-Algorithm and Clustering using a nearest neighbor metric. Just as a hint try to draw what the algorithm do in feature space.
alter Sack der Fachschaft I/1 ,
Prüfungsausschuss Informatik 2004 bis 2007,
Studentischer Planer Bachelor/Master Studiengänge

Neun von zehn Stimmen in meinen Kopf sagen ich bin nicht verrückt. Die andere summt die Melodie von Tetris...
Jens F

Zurück zu Angewandte Informatik / Applied Computer Science